At InstaClicks.NET, we created our own extensive checklist that we follow before launching a business website. Our quality control checklist is based on our website and digital marketing experience, it ensures our clients’ website performance remains strong with a new business website launch, and we build a bridge for our clients and the website’s analytics. Now our checklist has 37 STEPS, we’ve just put here the top 7 Steps to Take Before Launching Your Business Website.
1. Review EVERYTHING: Take time to review all of the content on your site to make sure everything sounds right and is working correctly. This means everything from proofreading all of your page content and making sure your videos and images are loading correctly. Another thing you should never overlook are your url links and buttons, make sure the all navigate well. This is also a good time to review your content strategy, to ensure you are targeting your keywords effectively throughout your site.
2. Enable Responsive Design: Hammer out any design issues to make sure that the site draws the viewer in. It takes less than 8 seconds to completely lose an adults attention! So now more than ever, it is important to make sure your website is completely responsive and looks great on all web browsers and across all devices. Test out the site on a laptop, desktop, tablet, and mobile device to make sure it looks how you want it to look. But please don’t overlook the mobile device design, whenever you send someone a link thru text, chat, or email, it is highly likely that the recipient will be on their mobile device and will click on that link. If your site is NOT mobile responsive and does not catch the person’s attention right away, then you have a problem.
3. Check Functionality: Make sure all details and features are functioning correctly across your site. By creating an initial site map for you business website, it will be easier to see where every page must lead to. This may include elements such as appointment setting forms, email list subscribers, lead generation forms, and even social sharing. Having a function that does not properly work is a great way to get a higher bounce rate, which you definitely do not want. This can also include internal and external links in your content, as well as in your blogs which people tend to overlook. Lastly, optimizing your business website’s speed is important to make sure it loads as quickly as possible and will keep visitors from clicking back.
4. Prepare for Your Analytics: Before your business website is launched, you’re going to want an analytics report tool like Google Analytics to see how it is performing and how you can test various aspects of it. These analytics reports will allow you to evaluate your new business website and continue improving it over time. You will begin to notice what works and what doesn’t when sharing your content with your local community through various methods like link sharing and even asking family and friends to navigate through the website. Don’t forget to also do some type of “web crawl” to make sure that all your analytics programs are aligned with the key data you need.
5. Use Proven SEO Techniques: If you want people to actually visit your site from a search engine like Google, then you will definitely need an SEO plan for your business website. Use proper search engine optimization techniques, such as having unique page titles and unique meta descriptions in place for the launch. You may also set up some type of link outreach plan, including ideas on how to amplify your launch and help generate buzz that will make it a success.
6. Back-Up Your Website: Finally, before launching a site, make sure to prevent any loss of data by setting up site security and regularly backing up your site. This can also help in case of any malware attempts, ensuring that copies of the website are being created and stored regularly. This gives you added peace of mind that you always have a plan in place in case anything would go wrong.
7. Test Your New Website: Our last step before handing over our websites to our clients is running them through various tests. We test the business websites with multiple mobile devices like iphones, samsungs, and others here in our office. We test our clients new websites with different types of people and age groups to view their screen time and navigations. Then we test out all buttons and ensure that the main call-to-action is clear and clickable. After passing our tests, then we confirm with our clients that the website is ready for public use.
Being prepared and working with experienced web companies who have proper plans and checklists in place can go a long way to making your launch a smooth one. Even you can build your site and follow these 7 steps to ensure that your new business website will be a total success, but the time invested into getting this all up and running could cost you more than actually having a web developer setup it all up for you. Choosing the right company to launch your new website is tough, if you ever need some help on how to get started or need us to build you the perfect business website that truly converts visitors into leads and into sales, then contact us any time you want your free consultation.